Monday, June 17, 2013

Week Fifty-Nine: iPod Picks - Part Deux - The Cars - "My Best Friend's Girl" - Just What I Needed: The Cars Anthology

For Week Fifty-Nine, I'm lacking a bit of inspiration for a theme, so I'm turning my iPod loose again (in the form of putting it on shuffle) and letting it do the picking, just like I did in Week Thirty... Fortunately for me, it still hasn't died yet... It will be a sad, sad day when it eventually happens...



[?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?]

This song reminds me of the day I went to Six Flags with my other band member. The place where he worked had their company picnic at Six Flags every year. He had just broken up with his girlfriend, and my boyfriend at that time had to work that day; so he recruited me to go with him.

Everyone kept asking, “Is this your new girlfriend?” He kept replying, “No, it's my best friend's girlfriend.” After about the tenth time, he looked at me and stated, “Man, I feel like a scratched Cars album.” After being questioned for about the twentieth time, I granted him permission to just say, “Yep!”

I will also include YouTube videos for three of my other favorites by them --- "You are the Girl" & "Just What I Needed" & "Magic"...



you're always dancing down the street
with your suede blue eyes
and every new boy that you meet
he doesn't know the real surprise

here she comes again
when she's dancing 'neath the starry sky
she'll make you flip
here she comes again
when she's dancing 'neath the starry sky
you kinda like the way she dips
she's my best friend's girl
she's my best friend's girl
and she used to be mine

you've got your nuclear boots
and your drip dry glove
and when you bite your lip
it's some reaction to love






No comments:

Post a Comment