Friday, June 14, 2013

**BONUS POST** - Week Fifty-Eight: Guilty Pleasures - Right Said Fred - "I'm Too Sexy" - Up

Since I have spent a great deal of time this past year attempting to impress you with my musical selections and memorabilia, this week I am going to introduce you to my guilty pleasures. These are songs that may leave you scratching your head and asking: "She likes whaaaat?!?!?" I just hope you will still be able to respect me in the morning!!! :-D

Also, I will have to pull all band info from Wikipedia because I don't know much about any of these artists, other than the fact that I like these somewhat goofy songs!!!
*****************************************************************


Oh wow!!! This was way too good to pass up... So I was going through my ticket stubs to see if I could gain inspiration for next week's posts, and I came across this little gem:


No need to rub your eyes to make sure you are seeing this correctly... that ticket stub does, indeed, say Right Said Fred. Now I really hope that you can still respect me in the morning!!!

And here's what Wikipedia says about this terrific trio:

"'I'm Too Sexy' is sung from the point of view of a histrionic-narcissistic fashion model. The song's lyrics express (over) confidence that his personal level of sexiness makes him too sexy for numerous things, most notably his shirt ('so sexy it hurts'). The list also includes 'my love (love's going to leave me)', 'Milan, New York, and Japan', 'your party (no way I'm disco dancing)', 'my car (too sexy by far)', 'my hat (what d'you think about that?)', 'my cat (poor pussy... poor pussycat)', and the song itself: '...and I'm too sexy for this song', at which point the song abruptly ends. The song samples the guitar riff from Jimi Hendrix's 1967 song 'Third Stone From the Sun'."

And since it appears that Rythm Syndicate (did they purposely spell it that way?!?!? --- oh, you know I had to look it up, and according to Wiki, the answer is: yes!!!) and Shanice were also part of that evening's entertainment, I suppose I will dazzle you with YouTube clips from them, as well; although, I will admit that I really don't remember either of those bands/artists --- no, really, I don't; I would confess to you if I did...



I’m too sexy for my love, too sexy for my love 
Love’s going to leave me 

I’m too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt 
So sexy it hurts 
And I’m too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan 
New York and Japan 
And I’m too sexy for your party 
Too sexy for your party 
No way I’m disco dancing 

I’m a model you know what I mean 
And I do my little turn on the catwalk 
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah 
I do my little turn on the catwalk 

I’m too sexy for my car too sexy for my car 
Too sexy by far 
And I’m too sexy for my hat 
Too sexy for my hat what do you think about that 

I’m a model you know what I mean 
And I do my little turn on the catwalk 
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah 
I shake my little tushy on the catwalk 

I’m too sexy for my too sexy for my too sexy for my 

‘Cos I’m a model you know what I mean 
And I do my little turn on the catwalk 
Yeah on the catwalk yeah on the catwalk yeah 
I shake my little tushy on the catwalk 

I’m too sexy for my cat too sexy for my cat 
Poor pussy poor pussy cat 
I’m too sexy for my love too sexy for my love 
Love’s going to leave me 

And I’m too sexy for this song





No comments:

Post a Comment