Thursday, January 17, 2013

Week Thirty-Seven: Love & Rockets - "Haunted When the Minutes Drag" - Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven

This song is so damn seeeexxxyyy... and haunting!!! What I am offering you today is the USA Mix of the song because the original is actually over 8 minutes long --- even though it really doesn't seem like 8 minutes to me when I'm listening. On the 2000 remastered edition of Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven, they added the USA Mix as track 12 and cut it down to a little over 4 minutes.  ***They took the shortened version down, so I'm going to have to replace it with the 8 minute version***

When I was deciding if I should use the original 8 minute version or the shortened version and was searching through youtube, I found an introduction by Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) that he did for Love & Rockets at their 2008 Lollapalooza performance, so I'll include that for you, as well. However, Perry drops the f*bomb in the intro, so be careful of who might be around when you play it.

I've also scanned my ticket stub from the 1999 show at Deep Ellum Live. I could not, for the life of me, remember who opened for that show; so I looked it up. It was Orgy, and they put on a completely lackluster performance and ripped off New Order's "Blue Monday" in order to find fame; so it's no wonder I did my best to forget about them...








The word that would best describe this feeling would be, 'Haunted'. I touch the clothes you left behind that still retain your shape and lines, still haunted. I trace the outline of your eyes, we're in the mirror hypnotized, I'm haunted. I find a solitary hair gone and still I reminisce, I'm haunted.

Haunted by your soul. Haunted by your hair. Haunted by your clothes. Haunted by your eyes, by your soul, by your hair, by your clothes, by your eyes, by your voice, by your smile, by your mouth, by your soul, by your hair, by your clothes, by your eyes, by your voice, by your smile, by your mouth, by your soul, HAUNTED.

So this is for when you're feeling happy again, and this is for when you feeling sad, and this is for when you feel something. Ohh, when the minutes drag.


And to take you out this week, here is the video for another one of their hits, "No New Tale to Tell"...



No comments:

Post a Comment