Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week One Hundred: (500) Days of Summer Soundtrack - Carla Bruni - "Quelqu'un m'a dit" - Soundtrack

It took me awhile to figure out how to celebrate Week One Hundred, and then I thought that since I started my blog with She & Him and a video promo for the film, (500) Days of Summer, I would talk about the phenomenal soundtrack for this film, which happens to be one of my top ten all-time favorite movies ever!!!
--o0o--o0o--o0o--o0o--o0o--o0o--o0o--o0o--


I'll have to resort to Wikipedia for assistance with today's artist and song:

"Quelqu'un m'a dit (French pronunciation: ​[kɛlkœ̃ madi]; Someone told me) is the debut album of Italian-French singer, model, and former First Lady of France Carla Bruni, released in 2003."

"This melancholy song from which the album draws its name speaks of the sadness of life – 'On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose, / Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses.' ('They tell me that our lives are not worth very much, / They pass in an instant as roses wilt.') – and that time and fate (destiny) care nothing for us. She forlornly hopes that 'you still love me' – 'quelqu'un m'a dit / Que tu m'aimais encore,' ('Somebody told me / that you loved me still') – recalling that somebody told her, but she cannot remember who."

No, I'm not going to reveal to you what part of the film this track is played in because I really, really, really want everyone to see this film!!! However, to add to today's song, many years ago, I was passing one of those CD displays in Target - the ones that are typically located next to the greeting cards - and a particular CD caught my eye. It's called Afternoon in Paris, and it has a ton of French-inspired tunes; so I will include a few of those to take you into the weekend --- Au revoir, mes amies!!!



On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose,
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses. 
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud que de nos chagrins il s'en fait des manteaux pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit... 

Refrain 
Que tu m'aimais encore, 
C'est quelqu'un qui m'a dit que tu m'aimais encore. 
Serais ce possible alors ? 

On me dit que le destin se moque bien de nous 
Qu'il ne nous donne rien et qu'il nous promet tout 
Parais qu'le bonheur est à portée de main, 
Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou 
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit ... 

Refrain 

Mais qui est ce qui m'a dit que toujours tu m'aimais? 
Je ne me souviens plus c'était tard dans la nuit, 
J'entend encore la voix, mais je ne vois plus les traits 
"Il vous aime, c'est secret, lui dites pas que j'vous l'ai dit" 
Tu vois quelqu'un m'a dit... 

Que tu m'aimais encore, me l'a t'on vraiment dit... 
Que tu m'aimais encore, serais ce possible alors ? 

On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose, 
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses 
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud 
Que de nos tristesses il s'en fait des manteaux, 
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit que... 

Refrain




No comments:

Post a Comment