Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week Forty-Six: Doo-Wop - The Coasters - "Poison Ivy" - The Best of The Coasters

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this yet or not, but a few years ago, I joined an adult tap dance class - go ahead and laugh if you must, but it was really fun!!! In fact, I would still be tapping today if I could fit it into my busy schedule.

I even performed in two recitals. The first year, we did a ragtime swing number. The second year, we performed a dance to this song, "Poison Ivy", by The Coasters.

I wish I had some video footage to offer you of that recital because it was soooooo entertaining, but all I have are some snapshots that my brother took of the performance.

There is a YouTube clip out there of a tap dance that I performed with some fellow teachers for a school talent show to Marvin Gaye's song, "Got to Give It Up", but sadly, it has my school name and info on the clip... and the last thing I need is for some crazed stalker hunting me down when I'm just about to quit the place for good... so I'm not about to post it.

However, if you know me personally and if you have any interest in said YouTube clip, contact me by whatever means you have to contact me, and I'll send that link your way.

Otherwise, you will have to settle for the photos. I noticed that I still had my braces on, which means that this was about 3-4 years ago. Yes, I got braces when I was 30, and yes, it really sucked!!!

And this just wouldn't be a proper post for The Coasters without including another one of their hits - "Yakety Yak"







She comes on like a rose,
But everybody knows,
She'll get you and such.
You can look but you better not touch!


Poison Ivy,
Poison Ivy,
Late at night while your sleepin',
Poison Ivy comes a creepin' around.



She's pretty as a daisy,
But look out man, she's crazy!
She'll really do you in.
If you let her get under your skin!



Poison Ivy,
Poison Ivy,
Late at night while your sleepin',
Poison Ivy comes creepin' around.



Measles make you mumpy and mumps will make you lumpy,
And Chicken pox will make you jump and twitch.
The common cold will fool you,
And whooping cough will cool you.
But Poison Ivy Lord will make you itch!



You're gonna need an ocean,
Of calamine lotion.
You'll be scratchin' like a hound,
The minute you start to mess around!



Poison Ivy,
Poison Ivy,
Late at night while your sleepin',
Poison Ivy comes creepin' around.



Measles make you mumpy and mumps will make you lumpy,
And Chicken pox will make you jump and twitch.
The common cold will fool you,
And whooping cough will cool you.
But Poison Ivy Lord will make you itch!



You're gonna need an ocean,
Of calamine lotion.
You'll be scratchin' like a hound,
The minute you start to mess around!



Poison Ivy,
Poison Ivy,
Late at night while your sleepin',
Poison Ivy comes creepin' around.




No comments:

Post a Comment