Friday, March 29, 2013

*Bonus Post* - Week Forty-Seven: Side Projects - Presence - "Act of Faith" - Inside

***Happy Good Friday***

That's right, my dearest blogland readers, you are getting a bonus post this week! Why is that? Well, it's because, first of all, I have today and Monday off from work --- some perks of teaching at a Catholic school, of course. In addition, I was going to spend the day online job hunting, but my fabulous prof gave me two job leads last night... and that's not even the cool part. The cool part is that all I have to do is call in on Monday, do a "name drop", and request an interview. I feel like I just got the equivalent of **rock star parking** in the job search realm... how fancy is that?!?!?!?

I was initially going to offer you a post for this band, Presence, in place of Arcadia (and then talk about Arcadia when I get around to having a Duran Duran week), but I could not find any lyrics to any of the Presence songs. However, I'll tell you a little bit about this band, and then I'll offer you multiple YouTube videos since I cannot offer you lyrics.

Presence is made up of two founding members of The Cure - Lol Tolhurst and Michael Dempsey - as well as a former roadie for The Cure. Porl Thompson also played on a few of their songs. I don't know a whole lot about this band or their history, but I was most certainly under the impression that they had only one album, Inside. However, when I consulted Wikipedia, I learned something quite cool:

"In March 2013, their unreleased second album Closer was made available for listening in its entirety through SoundCloud. The band have also announced plans for recording new material and touring in 2013."







No comments:

Post a Comment