Thursday, March 28, 2013

Week Forty-Seven: Side Projects - The Glove - "Like An Animal" - Blue Sunshine

This, to me, is the epitome of side projects because it has none other than Robert Smith, from The Cure, and Steve Severin, from Siouxsie & the Banshees. In case you didn't read my Re-Introduction post that I made at the very end of 2012, I have already mentioned that Siouxsie & the Banshees has been my favorite band since 1991, and "Just Like Heaven" has been my favorite song since 1988. So it follows that if you put these two musical geniuses together, you are almost guaranteed something like musical magic!!!

Apparently, Robert Smith was not able to sing due to restrictions placed on him by his label; therefore, they recruited Jeanette Landray, the ex-girlfriend of Budgie (also from Siouxsie & the Banshees) to sing for them. At that time, Budgie & Siouxsie were off recording their first album as The Creatures.

I never knew the origin of the name, so I looked it up, and according to Wikipedia:

"The band's name refers to the enormous flying glove in The Beatles1968 animated movie Yellow Submarine, and the album's title Blue Sunshine refers to the horror film Blue Sunshine, in which people who took the fictional "Blue Sunshine" variety of LSD became psychotic murderers ten years later."

I am also including two others by The Glove called "Punish Me With Kisses" & "Looking Glass Girl"...




One mile in the air that's where she lives
Her body looks so thin and pink and small
Dropping eggs from nervous shaking hands
And swallowing her fingers as they fall

Two people dance on the edge
Three of us push them away
There's nowhere to go
We're all in this
But nothing can hurt us at all

Fight her all you want you'll never win
Couldn't we just once leave her in bed
Let the dry air cut her happy throat
Hide her heart and lose her happy head

First I was a murderer then I was a saint
Now I live on stolen time
Twist and run like paint
Like an animal

Tuesday in the sun
Nothing could be worse
Not now not ever not anymore...





No comments:

Post a Comment