Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week Forty-Eight: Oh So Sweet! - Feist - "1234" - The Reminder


This week's songs are of the nature that any time I hear one of them, I can't help but think to myself: "What a really sweet song!!!"
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


What is it about sweet songs and TV commercials?!?!? I remember hearing this one in a commercial for the iPod Nano. In fact, I read the following info on Wikipedia:

"Prior to the airing of an Apple iPod nano commercial featuring this song, The Reminder was selling at approximately 6,000 copies per week, and '1234' at 2,000 downloads per week. Following the commercial, the song passed 73,000 total downloads and reached No. 7 on Hot Digital Songs and No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100; The Reminder jumped from No. 36 to No. 28 on the Billboard 200, with sales of 19,000."

I also read that Time magazine ranked "1234" as the #2 song of 2007. It was beat out by none other than "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse.

I absolutely love the video for the song, as well. It is so simple, but I can watch it over and over again. It just puts me in a very pleasant mood and kind of warms my heart a bit! I am also including another favorite by Feist called "My Moon, My Man".


One, two, three, four
Tell me that you love me more
Sleepless long nights
That is what my youth was for

Old teenage hopes are alive at your door
Left you with nothing but they want some more

Oh, uh oh, you're changing your heart
Oh, uh oh, you know who you are

Sweetheart, bitter heart now I can tell you apart
Cozy and cold, put the horse before the cart

Those teenage hopes who have tears in their eyes
Too scared to own up to one little lie

Oh, uh oh, you're changing your heart
Oh, uh oh, you know who you are

One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten
Money can't buy you back the love that you had then
One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten
Money can't buy you back the love that you had then

Oh, uh oh, you're changing your heart
Oh, uh oh, you know who you are
Oh, uh oh, you're changing your heart
Oh, uh oh, you know who you are
Who you are

For the teenage boys
They're breaking your heart
For the teenage boys
They're breaking your heart



No comments:

Post a Comment