Monday, April 22, 2013

Week Fifty-One: More Leftovers - Anything Box - "Living in Oblivion" - Peace


Yes, my dearest Blogland readers, I am having to resort to more leftovers from my previous blog, like I did in Week Thirty-Four. However, I hope you will understand why when I tell you that I am right smack dab in the middle of a research paper with my 8th graders, that I am working on an appellate brief for my "capital murder client", and that I am sending out resumes like a mad woman before I become unemployed in a little over a month!!!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


***Great news! I am going on a second interview today for the firm where I really want to work! Wish me lots and lots and lots of luck!!!***


Back when I had my season pass to Six Flags, I was constantly meeting really fascinating people at the park. At one point, my friends and I met these two guys, Wayne and Cody, who were huge fans of Front 242, which was evident by their super-rare concert t-shirts that they scored at a live show. Front 242 was not a name to throw around loosely, and anyone who even knew who the band was immediately rose to a superior level of coolness. So we just had to meet them. That was not a difficult task since they were equally intrigued by my super-rare Siouxsie and the Banshees shirt. 

Now, neither of these guys was even bordering on cute, but they were really nice and knew so much about good music. Sadly, they both lived really far away from me. In fact, Wayne would often make collect calls to my house. I would make an agreement with my mom to pay for those calls via my allowance because she knew how important they were to me since I would rave for hours and hours about all the new bands I needed to check out. Actually, I don't think she ever even charged me now that I look back upon it. Thanks, mom!!!

One evening, actually it was the last evening I ever talked to him, Wayne suggested that I check out Anything Box, and that is exactly what I did. Then I never heard from him again. He had a really bad and abusive home life. I imagine that he finally ran away from home for good, since he was always threatening to do just that. So I would like to send out a “thank you” and lots and lots and lots of “well wishes” via the universe to Wayne, the guy from Six Flags who introduced me to Anything Box!

I'll include another one of my favorites, "A Moment's Shifting", below the lyrics...



You can't hide the pain, 
I can see it scrawled on your empty face. 
And I feel the hurt, 
It's in the words you say, they make me want to... 

Scream out to the world, 
For taking life for granted and I know. 
You are by my side when 
I turn to hear you cry, 

I am so afraid of living in oblivion 
I am so afraid of living in oblivion 

Am I so blind? 
With my eyes turned to a different time or hour. 
At the end of the day, 
When we both run down and our hopes are heavy... 

Tell me what you will, 
'cause I've got to know the truth inside of you. 
Can you hear what I say, 
When I hold you and you scorn the day? 

I am so afraid of living in oblivion 
I am so afraid of living in oblivion 

Living in oblivion 
Living in oblivion 

So I ask again, 
Am I so alone and full of pride? 
To never speak out... 
This is my world, this is my world 

Don't tell me now, 
I won't feel those words, I won't feel the lies they tell 
Can you hear my scream? 
It's for everyone, for everyone... 

I am so afraid of living in oblivion 
I am so afraid of living in oblivion 

Living in oblivion 
Living in oblivion 

La, la, la, la, la, la, in oblivion....


No comments:

Post a Comment