Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week Fifty-One: More Leftovers - Bush - "Everything Zen" - Sixteen Stone



Yes, my dearest Blogland readers, I am having to resort to more leftovers from my previous blog, like I did in Week Thirty-Four. However, I hope you will understand why when I tell you that I am right smack dab in the middle of a research paper with my 8th graders, that I am working on an appellate brief for my "capital murder client", and that I am sending out resumes like a mad woman before I become unemployed in a little over a month!!!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


***Nice ~~~ I didn't even have to wait until Friday. I got a call yesterday advising that the firm would like to take me to dinner the week after next. This is getting exciting!!!***



No matter how goth I ever claimed to be, a really good radio tune could still rattle my stone cold demeanor and transform me into a screaming fan girl in no time, and that's exactly what this song did to me back in 1994. It also helped that the lead singer, Gavin Rossdale, was very easy on the eyes!

So armed with the knowledge that Bush was far more popular in The States and that, as a result of this, they could often still be seen hanging out on the streets of the Shepherd's Bush area of London (thanks to one of my monthly music magazines), I was determined to locate them (and Morrissey) while I was over in the U.K. in the summer of 1995. I suppose that it never occurred to me that Bush (and Morrissey) might actually be in The States while I was over in the U.K., but it turns out that Bush was on a North American tour (and that Morrissey had actually moved to Los Angeles at some point).

I must admit that I was quite shocked when the news broke that Gavin and Gwen Stefani were an item, as a result of their touring together. Don't get me wrong – Gwen was and is a beautiful girl, but it just seemed like such an odd match to me. However, it's nice to see that the two of them are still going strong, as far as I know – but then again, I've been known to look for people in areas of the world where they have no proximity to me at the time; so I could be wrong! :-D

I'll also include two others by them that I really like - "Machinehead" and "Glycerine"



There must be something we can eat
Maybe find another lover
Should I fly Los Angeles
Find my @sshole brother

Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow
Dave's on sale again
We kissy kiss in the rear view
We're so bored you're to blame

Chorus:
Try to see it once my way
Everything zen (x2)
I don't think so
Everything zen (x2)
I don't think so

Raindogs howl for the century
A million dollars a steak
As you search for your demi-god
And you fake with a saint
There's no sex in your violence (x4)

Repeat Chorus

I don't believe that Elvis is dead, yes
I don't believe that Elvis is dead
I don't believe that Elvis is dead,no 
I don't believe that Elvis is, Elvis is

There's no sex in your violence (x3)
There's no sex in your v i o l e n c e!

Repeat Chorus (x2) + Zen,Zen, 
I don't think so, Idon't think so



No comments:

Post a Comment