Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week One Hundred and Sixty-One: Hellogoodbye - "Call N' Return (Say That You're Into Me)" - Hellogoodbye (EP)

So I had the unfortunate displeasure of waking up to no electricity this morning as a result of this moron taking out a power line around the corner from me:


And of course, I failed to charge my phone last night, but I had at least taken the time yesterday to juice up my trusty little iPod (the same one [pictured below] that I was sure was on its last leg a few years ago... well, it's still alive & kicking, believe it or not...):


And that astrophysicist that I dated a few years back gave me some speakers, for some occasion or other, that do not require any type of power source (so I'll also take this opportunity to say "thank you" to all of the mega-nerds of the world who think up these useful little contraptions):


Therefore, I at least had my music and a good book and the sunshine (praise the Lord!!!) to be able to wait it out the four (4) estimated hours that it was going to take for my power to be restored. Now, as you may recall, my trusty little iPod currently holds almost 4,500 songs; so, it is always a great joy, as well as a trip down memory lane, when I place it on *shuffle* mode.

I was entertained by many blasts from the past, including today's selection. Actually, I was introduced to this tune by one of my students the very first year I taught junior high... way back in 2004. She just came up to me out of the blue one day and told me that she thought I would really like this song and that I should check it out. I never became as completely enamored by it as she was, but I did not dislike it either, as I did with some of the musical suggestions they would often make.

I sometimes wonder how my former students are doing and what they have made of their lives. I am fortunate enough to still keep in touch with many of them, but there are some that cross my mind off and on...and I hope that life is bringing them nothing but goodness and ample blessings!



You promised me starry night skies
They just remind me of your shining bright eyes
I'm missing your voice at night time
This sepa-separation seem-seems a sad crime

But don't don't don't think think think I forgot you you you
Are are are oh so sweet I I I - I knew

If only you were here
Things would be more magical
If I was there
Right now would be more radical
You're so not near
I'm wishing I could place a call
And feel closer to you ooo-ooo

The miles of air and road and land
That separate me from all my plans
Were havin' havin' havin' havin' fun
But something something tells me I miss someone
But I hope hope hope you didn't forget me I couldn't
Forget you the whole time I always knew I knew

If only you were here
Things would be more magical
If I was there
Right now would be more radical
You're so not near
I'm wishing I could place a call
And feel closer to you ooo-ooo

Say that you're into me, let me know how it will be
If you don't know just say so
I'll wait till the perfect time think of all the perfect lines
I'll make sure if I let you know

We've got movies on our list to see
Things to do just you and me
Calls to make from here to there and back
We've got fun to have and days to spend
Stars to see or just pretend
At least for now just keep things right on track

Say that you're into me, let me know how it will be
If you don't know just say so
I'll wait till the perfect time think of all the perfect lines
I'll make sure if I let you know...


No comments:

Post a Comment