Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week One Hundred and Fifty-One: The Human League - "(Keep Feeling) Fascination" - Fascination!

I have had an extreme case of "the blahs" lately, where everything just seems so dull and routine, and I fear that I will keel over from complete ennui. After voicing my concerns to a former co-worker, she suggested that we try something new. Fortunately, for me, she even offered to find said new activity for us to try.

Knowing how much I adore partaking in afternoon tea, she located such an event at a local tea house called Chocolate Angel. For roughly $20, you get to sample the following assortment:

White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
Tea Sandwiches
Petite Quiche
Chicken Salad Tartlet
Ham & Gruyère Puff Pastry
Assorted Fruit
Assortment of Sweet Pastries
Selected loose leaf tea paired with each course

It was by no means a life-altering afternoon; however, it was new, and it was different. It also reminded me that there are so many activities/restaurants/shops, etc. that I still need to check out, and if I am ever bored to death again with my own existence, well then that is my own damn fault because there is plenty to do!!!

I am very much looking forward to the longer days and lots of sunshine. I never, in my life, thought that I would ever be a sunshine person, but I realize how much a lack of it impacts my mood.

So in honor of my newest epiphany, I have selected The Human League's tune, "(Keep Feeling) Fascination".  I am also including "Human" and the obligatory "Don't You Want Me".


If it seems a little time is needed
Decisions to be made
The good advice of friends unheeded
For the best of plans mislaid

Just looking for a new direction
In an old familiar way
The forming of a new connection
To study or to play

And so the conversation turned
Until the sun went down
And many fantasies were learned
On that day

Keep feeling fascination
Passion burning, love so strong
Keep feeling fascination
Looking, learning, moving on

Well, the truth may need some rearranging
Stories to be told
And plain to see the facts are changing
No meaning left to hold

And so the conversation turned
Until the sun went down
And many fantasies were learned
On that day

Keep feeling fascination
Passion burning, love so strong
Keep feeling fascination
Looking, learning, moving on

And so the conversation turned
Until the sun went down
And many fantasies were learned
On that day

Keep feeling fascination
Passion burning, love so strong
Keep feeling fascination
Looking, learning, moving on

Keep feeling fascination
Passion burning, love so strong
Keep feeling fascination
Looking, learning, moving on

Keep feeling fascination
Passion burning, love so strong
Keep feeling fascination
Looking, learning, moving on





2 comments:

  1. Fascination was a song I heard on the radio the first time and it took me a trip to Wal Mart and a short impromptu singing of the lyrics to the clerk before I could find out what and who this song was by (the days before internet). I was indeed fascinated by this tune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, recall heading to the record store to hum a tune or quote some lyrics and phrases with the hopes that the clerk could assist me with my purchase --- pre-Internet days, as you pointed out!

      Delete