Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week One Hundred and Fifty: Elizabeth & The Weirz - "I Like Boys" - Teen Witch Soundtrack

The year was 1989... The film was Teen Witch... I was 11 going on 12, and I was still relatively non-jaded by life. Somewhere in my young fantasy world, I think I even believed that, at the age of 16, it would be revealed to me that I, too, had magical powers --- as a result of watching this film, of course!!!

You can only imagine my complete surprise and excitement when Yahoo! News revealed to me that Netflix would have Teen Witch available for streaming beginning March 1st.

I decided to re-live my younger years last night, as I once again sat through all of Louise Miller's (played by Robyn Lively) cringe-worthy, humiliating teenage experiences. I doubt this one will constitute a place in your existence as a life-altering film, but if you have a couple of hours to kill, you should definitely check out the film that has what some have called the worst rap song ever written, "Top That".

I am not including "Top That" for you in hopes that you will actually watch the film, but in addition to "I Like Boys", I will include the tune to the opening dream sequence called "Never Gonna Be" performed by Lori Ruso.




I like boys

I'm throwing out my doll house
I'm giving up my toys
I realized this morning
I like boys

Chorus: I like boys (I like boys)
I like boys (I like boys)

I'm giving up my hopscotch
To keep a little voice
I'm putting on some lipstick
To attract some boys

(chorus)

I'm making no more mud pies
I'm staying out of the dirt
I'm gonna buy some nylons
And a leather mini skirt

(chorus)

I'm gonna let the world know
By making lots of noise
No people turning back now
'Cause we like boys

We like boys (We like boys)
We like boys (We like boys)
We like boys (We like boys)
We like boys

We like boys (We like boys)




No comments:

Post a Comment