Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week One Hundred and Twenty-Seven: Kate Bush - "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" - Hounds of Love

Unlike most people I know, when I pray, I do my best to thank God for all of my blessings, as opposed to bugging Him with a bunch of petty requests...

However, this past week, I was forced to get down on my knees and make "A Deal With God", which is what this week's song was originally titled, until conservative record execs made Kate Bush change it so as not to offend any religious listeners.

So, out of the blue, my little dog's health started failing rapidly. I was convinced that it was a result of his heart murmur, and I was preparing myself all last week to help end his suffering last Friday if that is what it was ultimately going to take.

By Wednesday, I begged God to help me make the right decision and not be selfish and keep my little dog around for my own sake. I was slowly going through the process of letting him go...

However, when I came home on Thursday, he was like a completely different dog. He was wagging his tail at me and was ready to eat some dinner. I couldn't believe it!!!

After taking him to his regular vet and an emergency vet to have a pre-surgery procedure done, my dog now possesses a $700 penis, which will turn into an $1100 penis after Tuesday's surgery... that's right, boys, how many of you can say yours is worth that much?!?!?

To make a long story short, he has bladder stones that are preventing him from urinating properly and that are making him very ill. After Tuesday's surgery, he and his $1100 penis should be as good as new!



"If I only could, I'd be running up that hill.
If I only could, I'd be running up that hill."

It doesn't hurt me.
Do you want to feel how it feels?
Do you want to know that it doesn't hurt me?
Do you want to hear about the deal that I'm making?
You, it's you and me.

And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
Be running up that building.
If I only could, oh...

You don't want to hurt me,
But see how deep the bullet lies.
Unaware I'm tearing you asunder.
Ooh, there is thunder in our hearts.

Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?
You, it's you and me.
It's you and me won't be unhappy.

And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
Be running up that building,
Say, if I only could, oh...

You,
It's you and me,
It's you and me won't be unhappy.

"C'mon, baby, c'mon darling,
Let me steal this moment from you now.
C'mon, angel, c'mon, c'mon, darling,
Let's exchange the experience, oh..."

And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
With no problems.

And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
With no problems.

And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
With no problems.

If I only could
Be running up that hill
With no problems...

"If I only could, I'd be running up that hill.
If I only could, I'd be running up that hill."

No comments:

Post a Comment