Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week One Hundred and Twenty-Three: Information Society - "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)" - Information Society

I'm not sure when Albertsons decided that they were going to start playing super-cool music (it's been happening for awhile now), but I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for making my weekly Sunday grocery shopping experience a pleasant one! 

In fact, I find myself going to Albertsons more these days than Natural Grocers and Whole Foods. I do miss seeing all the cute hipster boys at those locations though. Speaking of hipster, I have a pair of hipster glasses now. It's a long story involving corneal irritation as a result of staring at a computer screen in contacts all day, but I've updated my profile pic in case you are curious.

However, while making my purchases today, I was near giddy as I got to hear selections by Crowded House, The Cure, and Information Society - more specifically, "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)". So, I am going to cover some Information Society for you this week. 

Information Society has always been a band that I have held close to my heart because of my complete adoration of synthpop music. They were also a huge influence on the band that I played in back in the early 2000s around the time that synthpop made a huge resurgence in the DFW metroplex.

I never had the opportunity to see Information Society in concert, but I heard many a tale about Kurt speeding around the stage on rollerblades. Oh, and kudos to you, Kurt, for trying to hold on to that early 80s hairstyle at the height of your success, in the late 80s and early 90s, when everyone else was starting to step into what, I'm only assuming, they thought were more sophisticated looks. (**I should add that I was actually at Six Flags on one of the evenings that Information Society played at the Music Mill Amphitheater, so I heard them play live; however, I did not have tickets to the actual show and therefore did not get to see them play live.**)

I'll also include "Think", "Walking Away" and two of my absolute favorites called "Running" and "How Long"...





(spoken by Bones: "It's worked so far,
But we're not out yet")

I want to know
What you're thinking.
There are some things you can't hide.
I want to know
What you're feeling.
Tell me what's on your mind.

(spoken by Spock: "Pure Energy")

Here I am in silence,
Looking round without a clue.
I find myself along again
All alone with you.
I can see behind your eyes
The things that I don't know.
If you hide away from me,
How can our love grow?

I want to know
What you're thinking.
There are some things you can't hide.
I want to know
What you're feeling.
Tell me what's on your mind.

I know I could break you down,
But what good would it do?
I could surely never know
That what you say is true.
Here I am in silence;
It's a game I have to play.
You and I in silence.
With nothing else to say.

I want to know
What you're thinking.
There are some things you can't hide.
I want to know
What you're feeling.
Tell me what's on your mind.

(Spock: "Pure Energy")

I want to know
What you're thinking.
There are some things you can't hide.
I want to know
What you're feeling.
Tell me what's on your mind.

I want to know
What you're thinking.
There are some things you can't hide.
I want to know
What you're feeling.
Tell me what's on your mind.


















No comments:

Post a Comment