Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week One Hundred and Twenty-Two: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - "You & Me & the Bottle Makes 3 Tonight (Baby)"- Swingers Soundtrack

So I spent the vast majority of my Labor Day Weekend down at Lake Whitney with my family. Unlike me, my parents do own a television, along with a satellite subscription, which is fine and dandy because on Friday night, one of my all-time favorite films, Swingers, came on.

Now, if you have never seen this film, you must watch it for the hotness of Vince Vaughn alone (as the character of Trent). Wowzer! However, it is also quite entertaining, and it has a lovely soundtrack to boot!

One of the bands that appears on the soundtrack is none other than Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Today, I have selected not only "You & Me & the Bottle Makes Three Tonight (Baby)" but also "Go Daddy-O", for which I included a clip from the film itself...Enjoy!!!


Hey Jack...I know what you're thinking 
That now's as good as any to start drinking 
Hey Scotty...Yeah...What's it gonna be? 
A gin and tonic sounds might mighty good to me

Man I know I gotta go it's the same thing every time 
But I don't think another drink's gonna make me lose my mind 
So I think about my next drink 
And it's you and me and the bottle makes 3 tonight. 

Well I know this cat named Mo. He wanders to and fro 
His and my favorite waterin' hole 
I said "Hey Mo, how you doing, where have you been? 
He said, "I've been fine with my whiskey, wine and gin. 

Man I know I gotta go it's the same thing every time 
But I don't think another drink's gonna make me lose my mind 
So I think about my next drink 
And it's you and me and the bottle makes 3 tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment