Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week One Hundred and Nineteen: Oasis - "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" - Heathen Chemistry

Finally...finally...finally, I have a reason to "stop crying [my] heart out"... I just got another raise at work. Now, you have to understand that, when my boss gives raises, he gives raises!!! Let's just say that I received my first raise at six months and my second raise at a little over a year, and those two raises combined total more than all of the raises that I collectively received in nine years of teaching. That's right...you read it correctly...two raises at my new job total more than 9 raises at my teaching job!!!

So, yes, even though I've endured a great deal of sadness over this past month with the deaths of many people for whom I cared very deeply, I finally have a reason to celebrate! The first song that came to mind was "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" by Oasis; however, it is not my favorite song by the band, so I will also include my favorite, "Don't Go Away"... In addition, I will include the first two Oasis songs that I ever remember hearing, "Live Forever" and "Wonderwall"...but this is another band that has a ton of wonderful tracks, so make sure you check out the rest of their material too!



Hold on... hold on... don't be scared
You'll never change what's been and gone
May your smile (may your smile) shine on (shine on)
Don't be scared (don't be scared)
Your destiny may keep you warm

'Cause all of the stars have faded away
Just try not to worry, you'll see them someday
Take what you need and be on your way
And stop crying your heart out

Get up (get up) come on (come on)
Why you scared? (I'm not scared...)
You'll never change what's been and gone

'Cause all of the stars have faded away
Just try not to worry, you'll see them someday
Take what you need and be on your way
And stop crying your heart out





No comments:

Post a Comment