Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week One Hundred and Nine: Dada - "Dim" - Puzzle


Dada released the album, Puzzle, back in 1992, and they decided to tour in 1993. I had just recently acquired a vehicle, and I was itching to drive anywhere and everywhere. The concert was to take place at the Music Mill Amphitheater at Six Flags. I decided that the best candidate to take to the show was my 8-year-old brother. We would spend the day riding all the rides, and then I would get to be the individual who took him to his very first concert so that he would not have to ever endure the embarrassment of having to reveal that his first concert was an utterly lame band. Plus he loved the song "Dizz Knee Land"; therefore it was a win-win situation for all. Jellyfish was on the bill for that show, as well. 

The day started off fantastically! We rode all the coasters, dined on artery-clogging cuisine, and even played some of the games that no one ever wins. Then the dark clouds rolled in, followed by thunderstorms that would not cease. To make a long story short, the outdoor concert was cancelled, and tickets for the show were immediately refunded at the ticket window. However, many hearts were broken that evening, including both an 8-year-old little boy's heart and a 16-year-old young girl's heart.

I'm not even sure what my younger brother's first concert ended up being. I need to ask him the next time I see him. I really hope that it wasn't something lame, but at least I tried...

In addition to "Dim" and "Dizz Knee Land" by Dada, I am also including another one of their lovely tunes called "Surround"... As for Jellyfish, I have included "The King is Half-Undressed", "The Ghost at #1", and "New Mistake"...Enjoy!!!



If you've got a picture of your face
Could you leave it on your way out the door
I don't care if it's color or black or white
I just need something to remember you by

Oh, before my life went dim
Oh, before my life went dim
No one told me the trouble I was in
Before my life went dim

I painted half my face green
Don't you know I painted half my face blue
In hopes of showing you
Both sides of me, both sides of me
I guess it came down to
Don't you love me, don't you love me

Oh, before my life went dim
Before my life went dim
No one told me the trouble I was in
Before my life went dim

Can't this car go any faster
Can't this car go any faster
Can't this car go any faster
Faster, faster
Can't this car go cause I can still see where I am

Oh, before my life went dim
Oh, before my life
Before my life went dim
You should have told me
The trouble I was in
Before my life went dim






No comments:

Post a Comment