Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week One Hundred and Eleven: Marshall Crenshaw - "Someday, Someway" - Marshall Crenshaw

So, I drove down to Lake Whitney yesterday to celebrate Father's Day --- yes, that Lake Whitney, home of the "dangling $700,000 house" that was recently set on fire... Don't worry your pretty little heads though because my parents live on the opposite side of the lake, and they are within safe distance of any cracking cliffs.

Regardless, one of my favorite things about the drive to Lake Whitney, aside from the fields of beautiful sunflowers that I passed right outside of Waxahachie, is that I get an hour-and-a-half of uninterrupted listening time to 1st Wave on Sirius satellite radio.

I make the trip at least once a month, sometimes more, and my drive down typically falls within Richard Blade's time frame on the air. My trip home, however, has me longing for the days of all the now defunct Retro clubs in Dallas, as I listen to the Saturday Night Safety Dance with DJ Bueller.

So, on my way down yesterday, one of the songs I heard and decided to share with you was "Someday, Someway" by Marshall Crenshaw. An interesting fact that I learned about Mr. Crenshaw, when I was reading up about him on Wikipedia, is that he co-wrote "'Til I Hear It From You" by the Gin Blossoms. You might recall that I talked about that song when I had my Empire Records Week.

Another song that I'd like to share with you is "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls" by Book of Love. DJ Bueller played that one on the way home, and it was always one of my favorites to dance to...especially the extended mix that I included. You may also recall that I already shared some Book of Love with you in the form of their song "Witchcraft"...



I can't stand to see you sad
I can't bear to hear you cry
If you can't tell me what you need
All I can do is wonder why

Someday, someway aww
Someday, someway, yeah now
Someday, someway
Maybe I'll understand you

After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you

Someday, someway aww
Someday, someway yeah now
Someday, someway
Maybe you'll understand me

Well, you've taken everything from me
I've taken everything from you
I'll love you for my whole life through

After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you

Someday, someway aww
Someday, someway, yeah now
Someday, someway
Maybe I'll understand you

You've taken everything from me
I've taken everything from you
I'll love you for my whole life through

I can't stand to see you sad
I can't bear to hear you cry
If you can't tell me what you need
All I can do is wonder why

Someday, someway aww
Someday, someway, yeah now
Someday, someway
Maybe I'll understand you

Someday, someway aww now
Someday, someway, yeah yeah
Someday, someway
Maybe you'll understand me

Someday, someway oh!
Someday, someway, now, now
Someday, someway
Maybe I'll understand you (repeat to fade)








No comments:

Post a Comment