Monday, May 5, 2014

Week One Hundred and Five: Happy Second Birthday to The Soundtrack of a Heartbreak Beat: Most Viewed Post #4

That's right, folks! My sweet little blog turned two years old on Sunday, May 4th. To celebrate this stellar event, I'm going to take this week off, and instead, I will offer the top four most viewed posts over the course of these past two years.

~~o0o~~o0o~~o0o~~o0o~~o0o~~o0o~~


Coming in at Number 4, with 72 individual pageviews, is the post I did on 12/25/12 over Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me". If you ever viewed that one, you may recall that, since I could not locate my Poison ticket stub, I offered you Christmas presents in the form of photos of me with Gerardo, as well as the lead singer of Color Me Badd. Well, for today's post, I was able to locate more photos --- one with another member of Color Me Badd and one with Tara Kemp (and my brother) --- and the ticket stub from the Club MTV concert that I mentioned:





Most Viewed Post #4 - Poison - "Talk Dirty to Me"


That's right, my dearest blogland companions, you're getting a week's worth of leftovers... If you ever got around to reading the Introduction to this blog, you might remember that I mentioned that I had a precursory blog to The Soundtrack of a Heartbreak Beat that I was indirectly forced to shut down by my employer. However, I still have lots of fun posts on that one that are kind of hanging in limbo, so I'm transferring a few of them over for your viewing pleasure. Don't worry, though, I'll be back with more fun & fresh posts in 2013!!!
~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#


Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating!!! --- Christmas presents are included below (well, sort of, but don't peek ahead - you must read the whole thing for it to make sense)...




When I was in the 6th grade and everyone still owned a land line, I was lucky enough to possess the phone with the fastest speed dial in all of Dallas. I say that because I won so many prizes off of Y95 & later Power95 – 94.9 on the dial – that they got sick of seeing my dad at the station when he went to pick up my goodies. This was obviously before I made the switch to 94.5, The EDGE.

Most notably, I won tickets for Madonna, and the Club MTV Concert (along with backstage passes to meet Color Me Badd, Gerardo, Tara Kemp, and C&C Music Factory), and finally, I won Poison tickets (along with opening act, Warrant, of “Cherry Pie” fame).

I will never understand why my parents dropped two twelve-year-olds off at Reunion Arena to see this show, but I imagine that they were probably so overwhelmed with life that they did not notice that there were people running around with pants that said “F*CK” and that glowed in the dark.

The only other way to sum up the evening is to say that the two ladies next to us offered us what I thought, at the time, were cigarettes, but I learned a few years later that they were “magical” cigarettes. Don't worry! We politely declined!! (No, really, we declined... seriously, we really declined!)



And since, I could not, for the life of me, locate my Poison ticket stub, I am going to offer you something even better --- and, um yeah, you can consider this one a Christmas present!!! Behold --- photographic evidence that I was in the presence of Mr. Rico Suave himself - Gerardo - it even says so on his jacket :D ---



And photographic evidence that I was also in the presence of the lead singer of Color Me Badd --- (remember him from that dirty, little tune - "I Wanna Sex You Up"???). I look a bit more starstruck (or psycho) in this one ---



But, seriously, check out that awful 6th grade fashion faux pas that would be called bangs --- those things were huge and fuzzy (I think that might be the last time I ever had my natural hair color)... I'm fairly certain that I'm also rockin' some shoulder pads in that fancy get-up that I'm wearing because I don't recall having such broad, football player shoulders... thank heavens I came to my fashion & musical senses by 7th grade!!!






You know I never
I never seen you look so good
You never act the way you should
But I like it
And I know you like it too
The way that I want you
I gotta have you
Oh yes, I do

I never
I never ever stay out late
You know that I can hardly wait
Just to see you
And I know you cannot wait
Wait to see me too
I gotta touch you

Chorus:

Cause baby we'll be
At the drive-in
In the old man's Ford
behind the bushes
until I'm screamin' for more
Down the basement
lock the cellar door
And baby
Talk dirty to me

You know I call you
I call you on the telephone
I'm only hoping that you're home
So I can hear you
When you say those words to me
And whisper so softly
I gotta hear you

Chorus

C.C. pick up that guitar and talk to me

No comments:

Post a Comment