Monday, December 25, 2017

Post #698: Christmas - Part II - Elvis Presley - "Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)" - Elvis' Christmas Album

Merry Christmas everyone!!  Today, I'm bringing you gifts in the form of two (2) posts... hope you enjoy... Part II:  

I was up bright and early this morning, and I was more than ready to embark on day two (2) of my solo Christmas celebrations (see Part I for an explanation).

I threw on the Elvis Presley Christmas-themed shirt that my sweet mother gifted me way back in October, and I started my morning off with a peppermint mocha flavored cafe au lait.

Of course, with my Elvis shirt on, I felt absolutely compelled to listen to Christmas carols sung by Elvis, and I also remembered that I needed to finish the Graceland portion of my trip scrapbook... so I did just that... and I now have one more project of mine completed... yay!!

Today, I really wanted to go all out on a Christmas dinner, but I wasn't too keen on a traditional turkey/ham/mashed potato kind of menu... so the best thing about a solo Christmas celebration is that you're pretty much in charge!! ;-)  Therefore, behold my Christmas dinner of Caeser salad, crab legs, creamed corn, and a baked potato... all washed down with more sparkling grape juice:



And don't you dare for one minute think that I scrimped on desserts... oh no no no --- check out this plate full of chocolate eclairs and baklava:


You don't have to believe me one bit, but I do have to add that this was one of the most amazing Christmases that I've had in years.  So much of our lives can be chalked up to what we make of them... I truly believe that.  I also believe that the secret to life that everyone is so desperately trying to discover is simply becoming your own best friend and learning to love yourself like no other... it has absolutely changed my life!!

Merry Christmas everyone... I hope that however you chose to celebrate brought you as much joy as mine did!  Tomorrow, it's back to fruits and veggies and broth... I must have gained ten (10) pounds in two (2) days... sheesh!!! :-)

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia



I don't need a lot of presents
To make my christmas bright
I just need my baby's arms
Wound around me tight
Oh oh Santa hear my plea
Santa bring my baby back to me
The christmas tree is ready
The candles all aglow
But with my baby far away
What good is mistletoe
Oh oh Santa, hear my plea
Santa bring my baby back to me
Please make these reindeer hurry
Well their time is drawing near
It sure won't seem like christmas
Until my baby's here
Fill my sock with candy
And a bright and shiny toy
You want to make me happy and fill my heart with joy
Then Santa, hear my plea
Santa bring my baby back to me
Please make these reindeer hurry
Well their time is drawing near
It sure won't seem like christmas
Until my baby's here
Fill my sock with candy
And a bright and shiny toy
You want to make me happy and fill my heart with joy
Then Santa, hear my plea
Santa bring my baby back to me
Then Santa, hear my plea
Santa bring my baby back to me


No comments:

Post a Comment