Sunday, January 22, 2017

Post #665: Old 97's feat. Brandi Carlile - "Good With God" - Graveyard Whistling

I know I just posted about the Old 97's, but I heard this one on the way to work the other day... and seriously, if these voices and this musical arrangement do not move you in some manner, then you must be emotionally made up of stone... It haunted me, but in a good way, throughout the remainder of the day... Enjoy!

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia





I’m not afraid
I’m good with God
I got my sins
In fact I got a lot
I got a soul that’s good and flawed
I’m good with God (x2)

I’m not afraid
Got no regrets
I paid my dues
I paid my debts
I made a mess but it’s my bed
No regrets (x2)

Goodness knows I’ve done you wrong
I’m not too gone to see
All’s I knows I’m good with God
I wonder how she feels about me (x2)

You should be scared
I’m not so nice
Many a man has paid the price
You’re pretty thick
So I’ll tell you twice
I’m not so nice  (x2)

I made you and I’ll break you down
I’ll do it slow how does that sound
You’re just a joke that’s goin’ round

Goodness knows you've done me wrong
I’m not too blind to see
You might think you're good with God
We’re gonna have to wait and see
I guess we’ll have to wait and see

Oh hell no, say it ain’t so
Is it too late to save my soul
Where do the busted angels go

Goodness knows I’ve done you wrong
I’m not too gone to see
I can only hope I’m good with God
I wonder how she feels about me(x2)
I guess we’ll have to wait and see


No comments:

Post a Comment