Sunday, January 24, 2016

Post #617: Smashing Pumpkins - "Disarm (2011 Acoustic Mix)" - Siamese Dream

So today, as I was continuing to prepare for my upcoming move and as I was taking down the posters of various song lyrics from my bedroom walls that have been hanging there for the past eight (8) years, "Disarm" came on my Pandora mix. The acoustic version that I have included for you was released in 2011; however, the original was released when I was in high school.  I selected the acoustic version because the purity of the instruments always gives me chill bumps down the arms.

It was such a bittersweet moment to hear this song as I was performing the aforementioned task, and I had to laugh to myself at the thought that two (2) different individuals (for whom I cared very deeply and whom I also thought cared about me) commented under differing circumstances on how "juvenile"/"high school" said lyric posters were... 

Therefore, I can only assume that "adult" decor consists of, oh I don't know, maybe kitchen towels with roosters and farm scenery, and I suppose the bedroom must include pictures of pivotal life events such as a wedding and children, alongside god knows what else is viewed as adult rites of passage...  Ummmm, well, no thank you!!!  To me, surrounding myself with the drudgery of what is expected of every human would be a fate almost as awful as death, and I will proudly wear the "juvenile"/"high school" badge if its means preserving my freedom, independence, individuality, and quirkiness!!!

Speaking of decor, I will be retaining my same level of quirkiness at my new residence with an old school Hollywood theme for the bedroom & bathroom (a la James, Audrey, Marilyn, etc.), and I even found a shower curtain on eBay with a collage of all the Hollywood greats.  For the living area, I have decided to go with a vintage French/Moulin Rouge theme, which will complement my candy apple red kitchen appliances quite nicely!  (Even though I have adjusted my future birthday travel plans to include the Greek Isles, instead of Paris as originally selected, the "City of Love"/"City of Lights" will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will make it there one day...)

The Smashing Pumpkins have so many ridiculously great tunes that it is impossible to include all of my favorites for you today; however, another favorite that I recently heard while driving home from work was "Perfect", so I'll at least include that one... (Ha!  Check out the "adult" decor in the living spaces in the video for "Perfect"... gosh, I am really missing out, huh?!?!)

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia

 
Disarm you with a smile
And cut you like you want me to
Cut that little child
Inside of me and such a part of you
Ooh, the years burn

Ooh, the years burn
I used to be a little boy
So old in my shoes
And what I choose is my choice
What's a boy supposed to do?
The killer in me is the killer in you
My love
I send this smile over to you
Disarm you with a smile
And leave you like they left me here
To wither in denial
The bitterness of one who's left alone
Ooh, the years burn
Ooh, the years burn, burn, burn
I used to be a little boy
So old in my shoes
And what I choose is my voice
What's a boy supposed to do?
The killer in me is the killer in you
My love
I send this smile over to you
The killer in me is the killer in you
Send this smile over to you
The killer in me is the killer in you
Send this smile over to you
The killer in me is the killer in you
Send this smile over to you


No comments:

Post a Comment