Sunday, December 14, 2014

Week One Hundred and Thirty-Seven: Stray Cats - "Stray Cat Strut" - Greatest Hits

Oh, Brian Setzer, how I adore thee so... from your perfectly pomaded pompadour to your black and white Creepers to your sweet little tale about how you have loved "the Rockabilly" ever since you were a young boy playing your guitar in your bedroom late at night to your even sweeter tale about how you played today's song one last time on your Gretsch guitar before they took it from you wearing white gloves to place it in The Smithsonian... you, fine sir, are the epitome of male debonair Rockabilly perfection!!!

Now you, my dearest blogland readers, might remember me mentioning for the past two years that I had been wanting to catch The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Christmas Rocks Extravaganza! However, for the past two years, it has been held at the Allen Events Center in Allen, TX, and on a Sunday night. This year, Mr. Setzer decided to move it to the Winspear Opera House and on a Saturday night. Therefore, I could not pass it up! Below is my pathetic excuse for a ticket stub... (don't even get me started on that):




While the majority of the songs were Christmas-themed, they did play "Stray Cat Strut", "Rock This Town", "(She's) Sexy + 17", and "Jump, Jive An' Wail"; so I will include those today. However, one of my favorites by Stray Cats is "Bring It Back Again", and I'm adding that one, as well. Last, but not least, since I already posted my favorite holiday tune by The Brian Setzer Orchestra, "In the Mood", during one of my Holiday Tunes week, today I'll share "Angels We Have Heard On High"...

I'll also include a few pages from the CD liner notes of their Greatest Hits album that gives a bit of their background... Enjoy!!!


  
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Black and orange stray cat sittin' on a fence
I ain't got enough dough to pay the rent
I'm flat broke but I don't care
I strut right by with my tail in the air
Stray cat strut, well, I'm a ladies cat
I'm a feline Casanova, hey man that's that
Get a shoe thrown at me from a mean old man
Get my dinner from a garbage can
Don't go crossing my path
Well, I don't bother chasing mice around
Well, I'm slinkin' down the alleyway looking for a fight
Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night
Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry
"Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy"
I wish I could be as carefree and wild
But I got cat class and I got cat style
I don't bother chasing mice around
I'm slinkin' down the alleyway looking for a fight
Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night
Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry
"Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy"
I wish I could be as carefree and wild
I got cat class and I got cat style







No comments:

Post a Comment