Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Post #702: Siouxsie & The Banshees - "Fear (Of The Unknown)" - Superstition

So guess who was the proud recipient of the COOLEST (digital) Valentine EVER??? This girl right here - yep, me!!!  Check it out:



So what if it came from my certifiably insane stalker-ish coworker?!?!?  It still qualifies as the COOLEST (digital) Valentine EVER!!!

And it reminded me of this hilarious Valentine's Day story that I will share with you now... So my best friend in college was this 6'5" super-duper gay guy.  Well, it just so happens that he developed a huge crush on this other guy in one of his art classes.  As a result of this crush, he constructed this amazing heart sculpture out of wire and nails and who knows what else, but it looked awesome!!  

Our plan was to wait until the wee hours of the morning, drive over to the guy's apartment, and leave the heart hanging on his door.  Throughout the course of the evening, we ingested way too much Vodka (which we always added to our Slurpees - instant daiquiri), and we determined that it would be a fantastic idea to add some of the lyrics from today's song (the part that begins: "Imagine two complete strangers...") in a card that would be attached to the heart.

Of course my friend did not want to write out the lyrics because the guy would immediately recognize his handwriting.  So being the amazing friend that I was, I decided to take on the task of writing said lyrics, even though my handwriting was far more distinguishable than his --- I mean, I once had a high school teacher refer to it as "heavy metal handwriting"

But back to my story... so our plan went off without a hitch... until the next day that is!!

You see, in college, I spent about... oh, let's say... 75% or so of my time in Siouxsie & The Banshees concert t-shirts.  Did I mention that I have one of their logos tattooed on my back???

And as we walked into the coffee shop later that morning, his crush started making googley-eyes... at ME!!!!  It was the WORST feeling EVER!!!

Oh well, you live and you learn, I suppose...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia



I get the feeling -- I'm not alone
I get the feeling -- it's someone I don't know

Do you ever have the strange sensation
When you're standing mighty tall
To jump from 17 floors and crash into freefall
But then fear takes control -- fear of the unknown

Imagine two complete strangers
Who suspect they were meant to be
Both in need of love and affection
Yet their suspicions prevent something heavenly
Fear takes control -- fear of the unknown

Aware of what will hurt you
You're prepared to remain this way
So sad yet safe with your afflictions
Afraid to start a brand new day

We all get the strangest feeling
When we're standing mighty tall
To jump from 17 floors and crash into freefall

But then fear carries all -- fear of the unknown
Fear takes its toll -- fear of the unknown
Aware of what will hurt you
You're prepared to remain this way
So sad yet safe with your afflictions
Afraid to start a brand new day

No comments:

Post a Comment