Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Post #694: The Raveonettes - "Dead Sound" - Lust Lust Lust

Happy Halloween!!

Of course you didn't think I would forgo a Halloween post, did you??  I heard this one on Pandora not too long ago, and it is so reminiscent of the '60s Girl Group sounds that I adore.  Even Wikipedia kind of agrees with me:

"Their music is characterized by close two-part vocal harmonies inspired by The Everly Brothers coupled with hard-edged electric guitar overlaid with liberal doses of noise. Their songs juxtapose the structural and chordal simplicity of 1950s and 1960s rock with intense electric instrumentation, driving beats, and often dark lyrical content (e.g., crime, drugs, murder, suicide, love, lust, and betrayal)..."

I just returned from a little birthday trip down at the Gulf Coast, so I'm hoping to stretch this feeling of relaxation for at least another few days.  It was so empty... hardly a soul for as far as the eye could see... exactly the way I love it...


And I got to enjoy the view below while dining on a birthday meal of crab cakes and key lime pie...



And before I leave you, I recently happened upon a quote that I consider to be so profound yet so true... because there was no one else in the world that I would have rather spent my 40th birthday with than just me...


Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia




I hear the sound of falling love
As I wonder where you are
Hits the ground with a dead sound
Know you ain't got far
You're too stupid and sissy-like
To say that you want out
You make the eyes of a million girls
And think you'll make them shout
Dead sound
Dead sound
I used to take you on every time
That sparkle turned to black
I used to drag you through my streets
When you came crawling back
Your cheap words that you brought on sale
Won't help you through tonight
You make the eyes of a million girls
And think that's what they like
Dead sound
Dead sound
And now you go through a million girls
And try to pick what's right
When nightfall comes and you're still alone
Do you feel it deep inside
It's oh so cold on the other side
Where thoughts can turn you down
You make the eyes of a million girls
But I see no girl around
Dead sound
Dead sound


No comments:

Post a Comment