Monday, April 25, 2016

Post #628: The Jam - "Town Called Malice" - Sing Street Soundtrack


So my job requires its employees to take a half day of vacation in order to go to doctors' appointments, which I think is incredibly lame, but I doubt anyone there truly cares what I think.  However, instead of moaning and complaining, I attempted to make the best of it.  So when I left at 1:00 p.m. today, I first decided to vacation at Schlotzsky's, an eating establishment that I had not been to in ages.  Then I vacationed at the gynecologist for my annual exam.  I thought about picking up a souvenir magazine, but they all had stickers on the cover that politely requested that the magazines be left in the lobby.  Then instead of being all mopey and heading home, I took my final vacation detour to The Angelika to see the film, Sing Street.

If you are not familiar with said film, well the soundtrack, which I have included below, should be enough to make you want to see it: 
  1. Rock N Roll Is A Risk (Dialogue) – Jack Reynor
  2. Stay Clean РMoțrhead
  3. The Riddle Of The Model – Sing Street
  4. Rio – Duran Duran
  5. Up – Sing Street
  6. To Find You – Sing Street
  7. Town Called Malice – The Jam
  8. Inbetween Days – The Cure
  9. A Beautiful Sea – Sing Street
  10. Maneater – Hall & Oates
  11. Steppin' Out – Joe Jackson
  12. Drive It Like You Stole It – Sing Street
  13. Up (Bedroom Mix) – Sing Street
  14. Pop Muzik – M
  15. Girls – Sing Street
  16. Brown Shoes – Sing Street
  17. Go Now – Adam Levine
However, just to fill you in a bit, it was written by John Carney, who also wrote Once, which I talked about in Week One Hundred and Thirty-Nine, when I went to see the musical and subsequently shared the song, "Falling Slowly", with you.  I'll include the trailer for Sing Street below:


And if you are not familiar with The Jam, you'd honestly probably miss the teensy little snippet of today's song while Conor's older brother is schooling him on music.  I adore The Jam, and I figured that it's about time to give them a post.  I was in the UK when I first discovered The Jam.  I took a trip to England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales when I was 17-years-old, and when we made a stop for "petrol", I picked up an '80s compilation at the fuel station.  "Going Underground" was the song on that particular compilation, so I will also include that one for you, as well as "The Eton Rifles" and "The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had to Swallow)". 

The film was amazing and made me recall my dream to one day live in the UK.  I'm not entirely sure what happened to that dream.  I suppose that reality killed it.  I miss having dreams...

Until next time...

XOXOXO  
Anastasia



Better stop dreaming of the quiet life
'Cause it's the one we'll never know
And quit running for that runaway bus
'Cause those rosy days are few
And stop apologizing for the things you've never done
'Cause time is short and life is cruel but it's up to us to change
This town called Malice
Rows and rows of disused milk floats
Stand dying in the dairy yard
And a hundred lonely housewives clutch empty milk
Bottles to their hearts
Hanging out their old love letters on the line to dry
It's enough to make you stop believing when tears come fast and furious
In a town called Malice, yeah
Struggle after struggle, year after year
The atmosphere's a fine blend of ice I'm almost stone cold dead
In a town called Malice, ooh yeah
A whole street's belief in Sunday's roast beef
Gets dashed against the cop
To either cut down on beer or the kids new gear
It's a big decision in a town called Malice, ooh yeah
Ooh, the ghost of a steam train echoes down my track
It's at the moment bound for nowhere just going round and round
Playground kids and creaking swings
Lost laughter in the breeze
I could go on for hours and I probably will
But I'd sooner put some joy back in this town called Malice, yeah ooh
In this town called Malice, yeah
In this town called Malice, ooh yeah








No comments:

Post a Comment