Saturday, April 16, 2016

Post #627: Talk Talk - "It's My Life" - It's My Life

And now I will share with you an actual text conversation that I had with a friend earlier today ---

Me:  I love Target... I think I'll marry it.  It takes care of all my wants and needs!  Wanna be my maid of honor??  I'm thinking a total outdoor shindig... parking lot maybe???

Friend:  I'd be honored.

Me:  I'll propose today... I'm on my way there.  You might want to get started on invitations.  Wait, on second thought, my social circle is very small... so no rush!!!

Friend:  As long as I can pick my own bridesmaid dress, I'm all in.

Me:  I'm thinking that red & white will be our colors... No blue!!! Sheesh, I'm not marrying Walmart, ya know?

Me (again): I mean, I'm not really into that whole price matching policy.  Next thing you know, it will be spouse swapping, and a girl's gotta draw the line somewhere!!!

Friend:  But I look better in blue.  It makes my eyes pop.  But, then again, it's not about me.

Me:  The world stopped revolving around you when it started revolving around me.  I thought you learned that quite some time ago... NO BLUE!!!

Friend:  I will need to reconsider my involvement and our friendship.  Not sure I can work within the hostile environment that seems to have been created.

Me:  I've become a bridezilla, and I don't even have an official fiance yet.  Hey, but if you buy your dress at Target, I think there's like a 30-day money back guarantee or something of the sort.  Wow, maybe I need to take some time to get to know my future spouse better!!

Friend:  Go to the store, you silly girl.  Spend some time with your beloved and then get back to me...


So... am I crazy??  Yes, probably!!  Am I a little quirky?  You betcha!!  Am I brainwashed like the rest of society into believing that a relationship/marriage is going to make things better or easier???  Hell no!!!  Because I learned a long time ago, in the immortal words of Talk Talk, that "It's My Life" and "Life's What You Make It"... And I am one of those fortunate souls who is quite capable of taking caring of myself and who absolutely enjoys my own company... oh, the sweet, sweet freedom that I get to experience is like no other!!!

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia


Funny how I find myself
In love with you
If I could buy my reasoning
I'd pay to lose
One half won't do
I've asked myself
How much do you
Commit yourself?
It's my life
Don't you forget
It's my life
It never ends
(It never ends)
Funny how I blind myself
I never knew
If I was sometimes played upon
Afraid to lose
I'd tell myself
What good you do
Convince myself
It's my life
Don't you forget
It's my life
It never ends
(It never ends)
I've asked myself
How much do you
Commit yourself?
It's my life
Don't you forget
Caught in the crowd
It never ends
It's my life
Don't you forget
Caught in the crowd
It never ends
It's my life
Don't you forget
Caught in the crowd
It never ends



No comments:

Post a Comment