Sunday, July 26, 2015

Week One Hundred and Sixty-Nine: Brian Eno - "I'll Come Running" - Me and Earl and the Dying Girl Soundtrack

So I finally had the pleasure of seeing Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, and one thing I have always loved about Sundance/indie films is the soundtrack selections they tend to offer. I had also heard that Brian Eno had a major role in the soundtrack for the film, but I have to say that I was quite disappointed in the music for this one.

Even though the soundtrack left a lot to be desired, the film itself was phenomenal! At one point, I don't think that there was a dry eye in the entire theater. Even the tough guy sitting in front of me was wiping tears away. I will include the trailer for you:


The only song that really stuck out for me was today's selection, "I'll Come Running", but don't confuse it with the post that I did just a few weeks ago by Lulu, also called "I'll Come Running". They are two completely different tunes.

Before I leave you, I will let you in on a little bit of trivia. The lead male actor, Thomas Mann, apparently grew up here in the Dallas metroplex and even attended Plano East Senior High, which is where one of my very best friends also went to school.



I'll find a place somewhere in the corner
I'm gonna waste the rest of my days
Just watching patiently from the window
Just waiting, seasons change, some day, oh oh,
My dreams will pull you through that garden gate
I want to be the wandering sailor
We're silhouettes by the light of the moon
I sit playing solitaire by the window
Just waiting, seasons change, ah hah, you'll see
Some day these dreams will pull you through my door
And I'll come running to tie your shoe
I'll come running to tie your shoe
I'll come running to tie your shoe
I'll come running to tie your shoe
Oh, oh oh-oh-oho-oho-oho-oho-oho-o-o-o
Oh, oh oh-oh-oho-oho-oho-oho-oho-o-o-o
I'll come running to tie your shoe
I'll come running to tie your shoe
I'll come running to tie your shoe
I'll come running to tie your shoe

2 comments:

  1. your blog is so awesome! I love the background! I was just looking for "I'll Come Running" and wow. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words... I sincerely appreciate your feedback!!

      Delete