Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week One Hundred and Sixty-Eight: Color Me Badd - "All 4 Love" - C.M.B.

As I was flipping through my Sirius stations on the way to work this past week, I was transported back a few decades as I heard this one queue up on the 90s on 9. It has literally been about 20 years or so since I've heard this tune. However, you might recall, from a previous post, that I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Color Me Badd as part of an MTV tour. I called into a radio station, Y95 to be exact, and won tickets and backstage passes. So, indeed, I've actually heard it played live.

If you are new to this blog, I won't force you to dig through the various posts to locate the evidence of my meeting Color Me Badd. I'll just repost the pictures of me in all my 12-year-old glory meeting two of the band members. Well, I actually met them all, but I only got pictures with two of them.




And if you think this song sux, that's okay, because the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart of 1991, when it reached #1, would beg to differ!!!

Oh, holy smokes, and as I was reading through the comments on YouTube, I was reminded that they made an appearance on Beverly Hills, 90210... I've included the clip below the lyrics. Ha! I love the fact that the individual who posted it to YouTube called it the greatest moment in 90210 history!!! ;-)


I'm so glad you're my girl
I'll do anything for you
Call you every night
And give you flowers too
I thank the Lord for you
And think about you all the time
I ask him everyday
That you'll forever be mine

I wanna hold your hand
To show you I'll be there
I like to do the things
That let you know I care
I sing this lullaby
Cause girl you fill me full
I look into your eyes
You're so beautiful

[Chorus]
Oh girl I think I love ya
I'm always thinkin' of ya
I want you to know I do all for love
I love it when we're together
Girl I need you forever
And I want you to know I do it all for love

I will never leave you sugar
This I guarantee
I look in to the future
I see you and me
Knight in shining armor
I will be your fairy tale
I wanna take care of you
Girl, I'll serve you well.

I will be there for ya
To catch you when you fall
I'll hold you in my arms
That's where you belong
I sing this lullaby
Cause girl you fill me full
I look into your eyes
You're so beautiful, beautiful, yeah!

[Chorus]

Yo, come here sweetheart
I want you to know something alright
See everyday in my life without you
Is like a hundred years
The distance between us
An ocean of tears
See all the things I do for you
Are for love dig it

All for lovin' (all for love)
All for you (you)
All for lovin' you, you, you, you

[Chorus] 



No comments:

Post a Comment