Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week One Hundred and Forty-One: Caesars - "Jerk It Out" - Single

It's been an incredibly cold and rainy weekend here in Dallas, Texas, which means I have spent a substantial amount of time indoors with Pandora.

This morning, when I was getting ready to make a quick run up to Natural Grocers to purchase a few items, this song came on my *shuffle* mix which is currently set to Mazzy Star Radio and Britpop Radio.

I don't know a thing about this band or song, other than it gets me kind of pumped every time I hear it, so I will have to resort to Wikipedia for help today:

"'Jerk It Out' is a song by Swedish group Caesars. It was released in April 2003 as the lead single from their album Love for the Streets; it is also featured on the follow-up Paper Tigers in remixed form. Furthermore, it has been used in the soundtrack of FIFA 2004, SSX 3 and LMA Manager 2005. It was used in the trailers for Clerks II and Knight and Day. The song was also featured in the 2006 film The Benchwarmers."

"The song was originally released in 2003 and only made an appearance on the UK Singles Chart (at a #60 showing). It was re-released in 2005 and appeared on their album of that year, Paper Tigers. The re-release peaked at #8 on the UK Singles Chart, #70 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #40 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart.It was also used in Coca-Cola campaign in 2007."

So, there you go... I wish I had more to add, but this is just one of those rare treats that appears on occasion. However, I wanted to share it with you just in case you had never been fortunate enough to hear it!!


Wind me up, put me down
start me up and watch me go.
I'll be running circles around
you sooner than you know.
A little off center and I'm out of tune.
Just kickin' this can along the avenue,
but I'm alright.

Chorus:
'Cause it's easy once you know how it's done,
and you can't stop now it's already begun,
you feel it running through your bones.
Then you jerk it out... when you jerk it out

Shut up, hush him now,
can't you hear you talk too loud.
no I can't hear nothing 'cause
I got my head up in the clouds
I'll bite off anything that I can chew
I'm chasing cars up and down the avenue
but that's OK

Chorus(x2)

(Jerk It Out,
oh baby don't you know
you really got to jerk it out)x3 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment