Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week One Hundred and Forty: Live - "All Over You" - Throwing Copper

My dear little iPod is still barely alive and still barely kicking (i.e., it has to remain plugged in because it won't hold a charge for longer than roughly an hour). However, it played this song for me the other day, while on *shuffle*, and I realized that I had not covered this band as of yet.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Live play live (ha!) at quite a few different festivals, and they were phenomenal each and every time. They always sounded just as precise as their recordings.

Live also reminds me of one of my older brother's friends named Brandon. Brandon loved the band, Live. Brandon actually lived with us for awhile, and even though he was like another brother to me, he and I made a marriage pact (i.e., that if I was not married by the time I was 40, he and I would get hitched). Fortunately, he is now married because I am right around the corner from 40, and I have no desire to get married... EVER!!!

Brandon was the one who took the photo of me that resembles Casey Niccoli. You might remember it from one of my Halloween posts:



As I was making my other selections of videos for this band while combing through YouTube, I read some of the comments, and I realized just how lucky I was to grow up in the '90s. We were blessed with some awesome music, indeed! I will include some of my other favorites called: "Selling the Drama", "Operation Spirit (The Tyranny of Tradition)", and "Pain Lies on the Riverside"... Don't sell yourself short, though; definitely check out some of their other tunes...



Our love is like water
Pinned down and abused for bein' strange
Our love is no other
Than me alone for me all day
Our love is like water pinned down and abused

All over you, all over me
The sun, the fields, the sky
I've often tried to hold
The sea, the sun, the fields, the tide
Pay me now, lay me down

Our love is like water
Pinned down and abused for bein' strange
Our love is no other
Than me alone for me all day
Our love is like angel pinned down and abused

All over you, all over me
The sun, the fields, the sky
I've often tried to hold
The sea, the sun, the fields, the tide
Pay me now, lay me down
Pay me now, pay me now
Lay me down, lay me down, lay me down

All over you, all over me
All over you, all over me
Pay me now, lay me down, down
Pay me now, pay me now
Lay me down, lay me down, lay

Our love is like water
Pinned down and abused for bein' strange
Our love is no other
Than me alone

All over you, all over me
The sun, the fields, the sky
I've often tried to hold
The sea, the sun, the fields, the tide
Pay me now, lay me down, down
Pay me now, pay me now
Lay me down, lay me down, lay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment