Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week One-Hundred and Thirty-One: The Psychedelic Furs - "Run and Run" - Forever Now

Dearest Psychedelic Furs:

I would like to apologize on behalf of Dallas, Texas, for their incredibly lame behavior at your amazing concert on Friday, October 31st. Please know that I attempted, on numerous occasions, to stand up in the balcony and dance to your splendid tunes, only to be completely horrified as I turned around to death glares from the people still seated on their fat asses in the rows behind me. 

I was pleased to see that I made it into your Facebook photo (pictured below), and you can even tell that I am literally on the edge of my seat, attempting to show my appreciation for your influence on my formative years, as I am up against the railing and not even aligned with the people next to me.

I did finally get to dance to your encore songs, "Pretty in Pink" and "India", but that was only because most of the haters behind me left before you came back out for the encore.

If you ever come to House of Blues again, I will make sure to get a general admission ticket and not a balcony seat, so that I can fully express my deepest adoration for you!!!

Sincerely,

Anastasia M.




Ummmmmm, so yes, the concert was phenomenal, but the crowd was embarrassing. I have seen more lively behaviors from attendees at geriatric festivities!!! I even heard a couple, while we were leaving the show, state the following: "I don't understand why anyone would purchase a seat if they want to get up and move around during the show." Really??? Really?!?! Because the last time I checked, it's not unheard of to stand up and move around at a concert, you sadly oblivious and mis-informed concert-goers!!!

Anyhow, today, I am going to share with you one of the tunes they played called "Run and Run".  I am also including a clip that I found on Youtube of their opening number, "President Gas", and you can even see for yourself how completely dead the crowd was that evening. And check out who is on the synthesizers... that's Amanda Kramer from
Information Society (I posted about them a few weeks ago)!





(From The Psychedelic Furs Facebook page: My mom and I are circled in red in the photo.)



Go on get Tarzan, go on get Jane
Go on get Superman, get Lois Lane
Hamburger Mary, she's got a gun
Nothing goes on all the time and she thinks it's fun

Come on run run run run away
Come on run away
Come on run run run run away
Come on run away

Doorbell plays Beethoven, I open the door
Yesterday's there and I fall on the floor
Practicing makeup, she laughs at us all
Hey look at you, she's seen it all before

Come on run run run run away
Come on run away
Come on run run run run away
Come on run away

Come on run run run run away
Come on run away
Come on run run run run away
Come on run away

I'm having this party, so come now, please
It's an open house girl but no games with keys
No jokes in blank humor, lines in blank verse
It couldn't get much worse

There's heroes and villains, Ma B and her boys
Doing the twist, dancing with toys
I've been waiting all night for someone like you
But you'll have to do, I've been waiting all night





No comments:

Post a Comment