Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week One Hundred and Sixteen: Blur - "Bang" - Leisure

"Bang goes another year, in and out of one ear"... indeed! In fact, it seems that so many years have passed by so quickly that I celebrated the 10-year anniversary of my sobriety date yesterday!

That's right, my dearest blogland readers. Not an ounce of alcohol has entered my body since July 19, 2004... not even church wine!!!

I will assure you that it was not easy at first, but it doesn't even phase me anymore. I don't even miss it one bit. In fact, I have fully adopted that clever idea that "any liquid that can be set on fire probably should not be entering my body"!!!

I will share with you, however, that Blur was one of the beloved Britpop bands that I spent many an evening listening to whilst drinking my troubles away...and they just so happened to be the first band that showed up on my iPod yesterday while I was getting ready to treat myself to a trip to the Dallas Museum of Art to see the exhibit, Mind's Eye: Masterworks on Paper from David to Cezanne. If you're in Dallas, or if you'll be stopping by Dallas before October 26th, you should go. It's well worth the $8 admission fee.

Blur had a handful of other hits that I really enjoy, as well, so I also will include the following: "There's No Other Way", "Girls and Boys", and "Song 2"...WOOHOO.. just listen to "Song 2", and you'll understand!!!

Sitting in a SDT, 
Waiting for an underground train to rumble underneath my feet. 

Bang goes another day, where it went I could not say. 
Now I'll have to wait another week.

When all is said and all is done, what was said was never done. 
Don't panic, it's not really worth your while. 

Bang goes another year, in and out of one ear. 
Everybody's doing it, so do it too. 

I don't need anyone. 
But a little love would make things better.

Sitting on the early bus, passing through the morning rush.
It makes no difference that I'm not with you. 

Bang goes another year, in and out of one ear. 
Everybody is doing it, do it too. 

 I don't need anyone.
But a little love will make things better.
I don't need anyone.
But a little love will make things better.

Ahhhhhh...
Ahhhhhh...

I don't need anyone.
But a little love will make things better.
I don't need anyone.
But a little love will make things better.
I don't need anyone.
But a little love will make things better.
I don't need anyone.
But a little of your love will make things better.






No comments:

Post a Comment