Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Post #686: Blondie - "The Tide Is High" - Autoamerican

So I just returned from a quick trip to Galveston.  I have been reading a book called The Intuitive Way by Penney Peirce.  In both the foreword and introduction, she keeps reminding her reader to stay tuned into the inner voice.  I found out early in the week that we were getting both yesterday and today off from work, and I kept having this strong urge to head to Galveston.  I'm so happy that I listened to my inner voice because I feel so completely refreshed!!  

I had an opportunity to enjoy some crab cakes from Benno's.  I also stopped and had some yummy Mexican food at Salsa's.  I did some shopping along The Strand, and I picked up the most fitting souvenirs EVER --- some loose tea at a new shop called The Spice & Tea Exchange and a Jane Austen coloring book at Hendley Market (and I'm not even into adult coloring... but I couldn't think of a better place to start than with Jane Austen).




Ha! And I got so sick of watching people snap selfies EVERYWHERE I went; so instead, I decided to snap a photo of my awesome Russian Navy (that's seriously what it's called) toenail polish right before I used the early evening to take part in some of the ocean meditations on Insight Timer while sitting right near the water... such an amazingly relaxing experience!!!




So for the entire trip, I seemed unable to escape today's song, which is a cover by Blondie.  It seemed to be on every time I got in my car.  It was playing in one of the restaurants where I ate, and even when I took my car just a few minutes ago to wash all the bird poop off, I heard it again.

Hopefully my inner voice will guide me on many more amazing adventures in the near future!!  Right now though, I've got a ton of things to do to get ready to return to my routine life tomorrow.

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia



The tide is high but I'm holdin' on
I'm gonna be your number one
I'm not the kind-a girl who gives up just like that, oh no
It's not the things you do that tease and hurt me bad
But it's the way you do the things you do to me
I'm not the kind-a girl who gives up just like that, oh no
The tide is high but I'm holdin' on
I'm gonna be your number one, number one
Ev'ry girl wants you to be her man
But I'll wait my dear 'til it's my turn
I'm not the kind-a girl who gives up just like that, oh no
The tide is high but I'm holdin' on
I'm gonna be your number one, number one, number one
Ev'ry girl wants you to be her man
But I'll wait my dear 'til it's my turn
I'm not the kind-a girl who gives up just like that, oh no
The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one, number one, number one
The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one

No comments:

Post a Comment