Saturday, April 22, 2017

Post #678: Morrissey - "Judy is a Punk" - Ramones Cover

So this time last week, I was waiting with nervous anticipation to see if Morrissey was going to make good on his Dallas date.  As you may know, he had already cancelled multiple scheduled performances prior to last Saturday's show at The Majestic Theater.  However, not only did he show up, but he was in completely rare form for this concert --- laughing and joking and (*gasp*) actually appearing to enjoy himself.

You see, my first encounter with Morrissey was back in 1992 when I won tickets to see him at Reunion Arena for the Your Arsenal tour, and I caught him many more times throughout the years as he made his way back to Dallas and Fort Worth.  At most concerts, he was a brooding, little soul, and he seemed pained to even have to be in the same room as us, much less to have to perform for us.  

However, 25 years later, at last Saturday's performance, he put on one of the most amazing shows EVER!

I have posted so many times about Morrissey and The Smiths that I'm reduced to sharing his encore number, which is actually a cover of a Ramones song, but you can see how he jokingly ends by saying: "Be good to yourself... be good to your mother... stop Trump... and may all the gods in the world bless you!"

Lastly, I never, ever, ever thought I would be fortunate enough to hear "Jack the Ripper" played live, but he played it... and my heart went all aflutter.  That was well worth the ticket price and the long wait to see my beloved Moz!

I will include the Ramones' version of "Judy is a Punk" [and the lyrics are in that YouTube video as a method of forcing you to listen to the original ;-)], as well as the live version of "Jack the Ripper", and of course, this post would not be complete without a picture of the stage from my seat...Enjoy!!!




Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia










No comments:

Post a Comment