Saturday, October 22, 2016

Post #654: Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Single

So, as I was clothing myself in the Joy Division/"Love Will Tear Us Apart" tank top that I recently acquired from Bulgaria via eBay (image pictured below), I realized that I still haven't posted about Joy Division.  Sure, I've mentioned the band, as well as Ian Curtis, in numerous posts up to this point, but I have yet to dedicate an individual post to them. Therefore, I am undertaking that task today.


After feeling ridiculously lost over the course of these past three years, primarily as a result of embarking upon my most recent career, I have come to the realization that I am most happy when I stick close to my Post Punk/Goth/New Wave roots.  I tried really hard to play the part of a conservative professional for the past few years, only to make myself utterly miserable in the process.  Don't get me wrong... I don't plan on walking in to work on Monday and telling them "to take this job and shove it"; however, I no longer give a rat's arse what they think about my dark hair, pale skin, tattoos, penchant for black clothing, etc.  I am who I am, and the best thing about getting older is the ability to feel more and more comfortable in one's own skin regardless of outer circumstances.  

So, back to Joy Division... if you ever get a chance to read Touching From a Distance (pictured below), which was penned by Ian's wife, Deborah, I strongly suggest that you do so.  I own a copy, and I sobbed throughout that entire book.  It was such a tragic story.  In case you don't know the background, Ian Curtis took his own life.


In addition to "Love Will Tear Us Apart", I will also include another favorite called "Atmosphere"... Enjoy!

Until next time....

XOXOXO
Anastasia



When routine bites hard
And ambitions are low
And resentment rides high
But emotions won't grow
And we're changing our ways, taking different roads

Then love, love will tear us apart again
Love, love will tear us apart again

Why is the bedroom so cold?
You've turned away on your side
Is my timing that flawed?
Our respect runs so dry
Yet there's still this appeal
That we've kept through our lives

But love, love will tear us apart again
Love, love will tear us apart again

You cry out in your sleep
All my failings exposed
And there's a taste in my mouth
As desperation takes hold
Just that something so good just can't function no more

But love, love will tear us apart again
Love, love will tear us apart again
Love, love will tear us apart again
Love, love will tear us apart again




No comments:

Post a Comment