Monday, September 26, 2016

Post #649: The Everly Brothers - "All I Have To Do Is Dream" - Single

So I finally took a few days of vacation to unwind a bit, and although I had intended to spend a long weekend in Galveston sitting on the beach and relaxing, a forecast of rain for the entire weekend spoiled my plans.  So I was forced to remain in town and have a "stay-cation" instead.  It was probably for the best in the long run.  

Of course this meant tons of music and reading and time to myself.  One song that I kept hearing over and over on my Pandora Mix, as well as on my iPod while in *shuffle* mode and even on one of my Sirius satellite stations when I was out running errands, was this one by The Everly Brothers.  

I've heard it so many times over the course of my lifetime, so even though it's so darn sweet and catchy, I often just dismiss it. However, for some reason, this time it made me recall this Drew Barrymore film that I used to adore called Riding in Cars with Boys.  I'll include the scene below:


Sadly, the film is not currently available for streaming on Netflix, but I know I have seen it there before.  It is so worth the watch if it ever shows up again.  Somehow, I missed the fact that it is based on a novel, so I am stoked about grabbing a copy and reading such.

I'm fairly certain I added this tune to one of the Honorary Valentine's Day Playlists that I made a long, long time ago.  However, it never got it's very own post, so what the hey... I'll break the rules for a fantastic song.  Another one that has been showing up on Sirius a lot lately is "Let It Be Me", which I will also include for you today.  So feel free to just skip to that one if you must...

Until next time...

XOXOXO
Anastasia


Dream dream dream dream-
Dream dream dream dream 

When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you 
All I have to do is dream
Dream dream dream dream

When I feel blue in the night 
And I need you to hold me tight
Whenever I want you 
All I have to do is dream
Dream dream dream dream

I can make you mine 
Taste your lips of wine
Anytime night or day
Only trouble is geewhiz
I'm dreaming my life away

I need you so that I could die 
I love you so and that is why 
Whenever I want you 
All I have to do is dream
Dream dream dream dream--



No comments:

Post a Comment