Sunday, August 23, 2015

Week One Hundred and Seventy-Three: Foo Fighters - "Big Me" - Foo Fighters

I always seem to find it a bit bizarre when clients insist on bringing their children with them to the meetings where they are signing their estate planning documents. I fully understand that babysitters are not cheap nor are they easy to come by these days; however, we do have a lovely little lobby with nice, comfy couches and an even nicer receptionist who would be more than happy to keep an eye on the kiddos.  Surely they know that the main topic of conversation is death - namely their own death; still some clients insist on having their children in the room with them.

Case in point, this past week, some clients brought their 15-year-old son.  It was fascinating to watch this kid's facial expressions throughout the course of the explanation of the documents.  The best one was the sly little smile when he realized how much he stood to inherit after both of his parents passed.  It kind of made me want to warn the parents that they might need to start sleeping with one eye open.

So how does the band, Foo Fighters, fit into this tale? Well, he just so happened to be wearing a Foo Fighters shirt.  Now, the best look on the kid's face was when I asked him if he was a fan of Nirvana too.  I thought he was going to fall out of the over-stuffed conference chair in which he was rocking back and forth.  

Okay, I get it though. I'm not sure that, at his age, I would have expected an older person decked out in a business suit to ask me about my favorite bands either; however, he humored me with small talk about the Foo Fighters, and I humored him with small talk about Nirvana. Plus, my boss loves it when I keep the clients (and their kid, in this instance) entertained while he gives everything a final once over, and I'd much rather converse about music than, oh say, their latest doctor's appointment results or their ungrateful grandchildren or whatever other topics I'm often forced to endure.  So it was quite refreshing, much like Mentos --- if you haven't seen the video for "Big Me", you'll understand that reference in a minute.

I realized that I had not yet made a post about the Foo Fighters; so today, I have selected my two favorites by them, "Big Me" and "Everlong"... enjoy!    


When I talk about it
Carries on
Reasons only knew
When I talk about it
Aries or
Treasons all renew

Big me to talk about it
I could stand to prove
If we can get around it
I know that it's true

When I talked about it
Carried on
Reasons only knew
But it's you
I fell into

When I talked about it
Carries on
Reasons only knew
When I talk about it
Aries or
Treasons all renew

Big me to talk about it
I could stand to prove
If we can get around it
I know that it's true

Well I talked about it
Put it on
Never was it true
But it's you
I fell into

Well I talked about it
Put it on
Never was it true
But it's you
I fell into
I fell into
I fell into  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment